| | |

Please Note:

the content on this blog may be unsuitable for preschool toys. we trust your judgment as to whether you choose to have age appropriate toys are near while you view our site! some of our music prompts are also a bit grown up for little pitchers. you'll need to click the play arrow to listen to the music portion of our prompts. you may want to do that when the big ears aren't listening. ~the girlz

5.25.2008

Lara


lara: east coast
Online: groovcat
Gallery: To Dream Out Loud
Blog: My Own Space Dementia
Favorite cuss word: cunt - I know very non-PC, but it really feels good to say and rather
entertaining to see the looks on people's faces when they hear it...

I've always hated the stereotype the word "scrapbooking" brings to mind and never felt like i fit into any particular community even though I really wanted to be a part of a community of people who enjoyed preserving memories and ideas visually with paper and glue. I was so relieved to find a place like Gutter Girlz that not only encouraged preserving memories many traditional scrapbookers don't think about or are too scared to try, but encourage the use of alternative tools and techniques that enhance creativity!
My scrap art to me is a personal journey, is creative therapy, is exploration and growth and I truly believe that these things are as important to document as holidays, family and events. Being in the gutter, to me, is non-censorship which is so important for honest exploration and growth!

My Gutter Girl Idol... Anyone who dares to be different and experiment with new things!