Susan Alton: Independence, Ks
On Line: LadyMissSusan
Gallery: HERE BLOG: Just a Girl
Favorite Cuss Word: Fuck ~ because if I'm going to curse I might as well do it up right.
I live my life in the gutter every day: being authentic, being honest, being real, being ME! I've made my own rules for a lot of my life and I don't like being told what to do or made to conform so I don't want my art to feel that way either. I do it for me and only me. I want to be able to share all of my life, most of which has not been wrapped up in a pretty package with a bow on top. It's freeing to let it all go and I hope it will help someone else not be afraid of who they are or what they have been thru. I wouldn't change my journey for anything but I also know it has just begun.
- I'm a recovering alcoholic/addict and it provides lots of gutter inspiration in so many ways.
- I'm the sole caregiver of my 95 year old grandmother. I now know her in ways I never imagined.
- Crayons and paper were my favorite entertainment as a kid.
- There is a giant world out there and I want to explore every inch of it. Well, most of it.
- I don't make long term plans because NOTHING has ever happend like I thought it would.
- My highest goal is to reach a level of peace, serenity, & spirituality that I sit in the hand of God.