| | |

Please Note:

the content on this blog may be unsuitable for preschool toys. we trust your judgment as to whether you choose to have age appropriate toys are near while you view our site! some of our music prompts are also a bit grown up for little pitchers. you'll need to click the play arrow to listen to the music portion of our prompts. you may want to do that when the big ears aren't listening. ~the girlz

5.25.2008

Kammie


Kammie Reimer: Sunny Southern California.
OnLine: kammie.
GALLERY: HERE
BLOG: Kreative Korner by Kammie
Her favorite cuss word:
Fuck! It just says it all!
My mind is typically in the gutter, so it will be a nice place to express it in words and visuals my true self--a trucker's mouth! While I have realized my "art" is simple like me, I truly have a passion for having a dirty mind and very sick demented sense of humor. I have become a little jaded and bitter about certain things, so maybe expressing it now will help me with my own issues--it can't hurt!

I began seriously scrapping right before Christmas. It helps that my BFF, Shirley of 25+ years has a full studio full of "stuff" she doesn't use or want, so I was fortunate to be the recipient of a lot of hand-me-downs. So after all these years she has been scrappin' she finally suckered me in to this cult! LOL, but I have enjoyed it not to mention the great people I have met through various message boards and scrap businesses.

People typically would like to know what my style is. Shirley told me I would come in to my own style and I mentioned to her recently that I believe my style that I have developed is "simple." I am not one to gawdy a project up for the sake of using product--I am the opposite, I like hoard my products! Also, I have come to realize I do not like to do layouts! This is sad because most people that scrap believe that's all there is to scrapbooking is creating layouts to be put in a book and shelved. Personally, I enjoy altering items that can be used as actual display or decorative pieces. I enjoy the look on one's face when they open a gift that reflects pictures from their life or something they can use to preserve family memories. It gives me a sense of accomplishment when I can make someone happy in this manner. And I can get them to cry--I know I struck the jackpot! *LOL* I have attempted some card-making but not to the extent of some others, but I am trying--I have enjoyed making homemade cards for friends and family--I hope they have been keeping them like I do when I receive a homemade card.

I look forward to working with these other talented ladies on the Design Team and hope their talent rubs all over me, BUT I think I will be able to rub off on them with my "gutter" mind!