| | |

Please Note:

the content on this blog may be unsuitable for preschool toys. we trust your judgment as to whether you choose to have age appropriate toys are near while you view our site! some of our music prompts are also a bit grown up for little pitchers. you'll need to click the play arrow to listen to the music portion of our prompts. you may want to do that when the big ears aren't listening. ~the girlz

3.30.2010

End of the Month MOJO Mar '10

Rachel here! My apologies!! I got our post ready last night, and neglected to include our honorary gutter girl that Glenda found for us!! Please welcome Michelle, and prepare to be inspired by her!!

My name is Michelle LaPoint Rydell and I'm so excited to be an honorary gutter girl!!! I love the concept of being open and honest with your art and couldn't wait to get going with this challenge!
I'm a public guardian by day, and an obsessed scrapbooker and art journaler by night! I like to get messy with my art and use lots of intense color!
When I married my soulmate Michael in 2007, I inherited three awesome stepkids and became a “mom” for the first time at age 47! How great is that?!!! I love my new life, and my two funny felines Willie and Johnny love their new home in the country! I'm lucky enough to have a scraproom now, and most evenings, the cats and I spend our time down there creating to our heart's content!

I started my first scrapbook in the early 1970's with an article about David Cassidy (of the Partridge Family) being hospitalized – LOL. I've been pasting mementos of life in one form of scrapbook or another ever since!

This challenge was right up my alley – what a great combination of elements! I love the message of the Miley Cyrus song, and I've certainly climbed some difficult mountains in my life! I do believe it's what you do with each day along the road that counts. I love the idea of the “road trip” of life, and wanted my layout to reflect that.
Here's Michelle's Take on our Current Prompt!

Music has always been a huge source of inspiration for me. I totally dig the poetry of lyrics and have been writing them down in notebooks ever since I was a kid. I'm also inspired by the daily sights, sounds, and happenings of life. I look around me and see inspiration everywhere! I love the messy stuff. Paint, gesso, spray inks, poster paint markers. I also love to do detailed cutting with my tiny scissors.
I also LOVE to art journal! I currently have about six different art journals going at once – each with a different purpose or theme.

Here is some of Michelle's work!
This layout was part of a week-long challenge hosted by my friend Marit in the Netherlands. They celebrate the new year by playing the top 2000 songs of all time on the radio during the last week of the year; and the challenge was to scrap one of those songs each day. I love the song “Mr. Jones” by Counting Crows and when I saw it on the list I had to scrap it. The reason I love this layout is that I was looking to capture the feeling of the song, and for me, it does that. The silhouette is actually a photograph of frontman Adam Duritz (from the web) which I turned into a stencil.

This art journal page was done for last year's “A Year In The Life of an Art Journal” project. I loved using the multimedia techniques, and the quote about Magic is one of my faves. P.S. The photo is from a magazine – I didn't take it :0).

This layout has a special place in my heart because it is about my husband's sobriety. He is such an inspiration to me and I love that photo of him.

This was a layout for the Scrapping The Music challenge blog. The song (Drive by Incubus) was one I picked out, and it was just a lot of fun to make!

I love this layout because it reflects the special part that animals play in my life.

Thank you so much for allowing me to join you as an honorary gutter girl!!!
You can get more inspiration from Michelle on line at these places!
Blog:
Inspiration Everywhere
I design for:
Scrapping The Music
These Are A Few of My Favorite Things
Online galleries: Scrapbook.com Studio Calico

Hi Glenda here. I am such a sucker for mists right now and am loving using the Tattered Angels Glimmer Mists. Here is my much loved collection at the moment (my Precious.......)


When I look at mists I see endless possibilities, backgrounds and fun. I love using stencils (store bought plus I make my own) and the Tattered Angels Glimmer Screens. In this next picture here is the paper before I misted with a glimmer screen on it

and these are the colors I chose to use for my project (aren't they pretty????)

So I misted over the screen until I got the look I wanted, carefully lifted the glimmer screen off and let the paper dry. Then I just let my imagination run wild and made this

What a difference the Glimmer Mists made to that plain paper right? Also, don't forget you can use the negative side of the glimmer screen since it is usually still wet and covered in mists after you have used it so what I did was take a plain piece of white cardstock and flip the wet glimmer screen over and press it onto the white cardstock. Now I have that same image as above but the negative image is in color. I have covered alot of it up with the pictures but this is what it looks like

On this layout I didn't even use any patterned paper because the mists and paint were all that was needed for a background. I also love spraying my mists and having them drip down my page as shown on these art journal pages (and I do this alot!!!)

So there you have it! Now you all know that my name is Glenda Tkalac and I am a misting maniac!! mmaawwaaaaaa! If you've never played with mists run, don't walk, and grab some and let your inner child free! It is sooo much fun to play with and gives such a unique and individual look to your art. Have fun!!

AND Here in the Gutter, we invite players that we notice, and how play regularly to be our Guest Gutter Girlz. This month, we'd like to invite

PAULA!! "I finally bit! http://messymindcreativesoul.blogspot.com/2010/03... Much Love!" Paula, please send an email and let us know if you're able to do this!! You'd be playing with us for the prompt coming on the 15th of April!
Don't forget!! Playing with us puts YOU in the spotlight to be our next guest gutter girl!! You also get placed in our random drawing to win a monthly prize when you play. We need to SEE what you create though!! When you comment, be SURE to leave us a link to what you've created in response to our prompt!! Play along with our current challenge! CLICK HERE to see what we're up to!

Here's the goodies that Glenda will be sending to our winner drawn at the end of April!! Leave a comment with the URL of the project you made inspired by our prompt on Feb. 15th and March 15th, and be entered into our random drawing to be chosen to receive this prize!