| | |

Please Note:

the content on this blog may be unsuitable for preschool toys. we trust your judgment as to whether you choose to have age appropriate toys are near while you view our site! some of our music prompts are also a bit grown up for little pitchers. you'll need to click the play arrow to listen to the music portion of our prompts. you may want to do that when the big ears aren't listening. ~the girlz

5.25.2008

Shirley


Shirley Standifird: California

OnLine: {Shirley}, Shirley
Gallery: HERE and HERE

BLOG: Standing on the Edge
Favorite Cuss Word: I would have to say my favorite curse word is

Is my art in the gutter? Yes and no. I love the freedom that Gutter Art gives me. It is great therapy and a wonderful release that is definitely cheaper than paying for a psychiatrist or meds! As I get closer to 40 I am realizing that I do not want phoniness in my life and I definitely do not want it in my art. I am an adult woman and I make the choices as to what and whom I want in my life and what or whom I do not even want to deal with. I create for me now, I take pole-dancing lessons for me, and I lost weight for me. Yes, I take care of my family and my boys will always be number one in my life but now that they are 16 & 18, I feel as though I am free to be me! I wish I felt this type of freedom years ago, what a different attitude and way of living! I love getting my ART on! My Gutter Idols are the ladies right here on this blog with me! I admire the work of each and every one of Gutter Girlz and am truly inspired each time they share their creations!